Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:11:38 -0000
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com, tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, paul@originative.co.uk
Subject:   RE: Alpha and ports.....

Those are all binary only ports so they won't run on the alpha. Even if they
did, the chances of them running on a Multia are pretty slim. It's a very
slow box, I'd guess 486-pentium era performance from the general feel of the
one's I've got.

They're ok for playing with, even have some quirks that means there's lots
of things to do on the porting front. I bought a couple a few years ago just
for the fun of porting FreeBSD to them but I don't think I'll find much
serious use for them other than that.

I'd only buy a Multia at this point in time if it was very cheap and you
have an interest in helping the porting effort since it will not do you much
good as an useable desktop machine.

Paul.