Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:34:20 -0600
From:      Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
To:        Dan Mahoney <dan@wolf.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Cron <root@runner> /usr/sbin/ntpdate chimer.unt.edu  www.mit.edu ftp.cdrom.com >/dev/null]

I was wrong.
I wanted to find out more about it.
I foound that it has been giving this message since NOV 9. And so I
found out
that the first address chimer.unt.edu is not returning any pong, but the
others are.
So could it be that because chimer.unt.edu is in the first in the
sequence that is why its
not checking the others. I dont know what going on or could it be that
cron was set
wrong to jump to the next one if one server is down. I tried to find
where it is configured.
The rc.local file only tells cron_enable="yes".
So can tell me where it is in FreeBsd 2.2.5 and can you tell me what to
do please.
I would really appreciate.
Jahanur