Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 21:56:26 -0400
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "Sam Wun" <swun@eSec.com.au>, "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp from client freeze my FreeBSD server box.

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4963552=_=_=_

Sounds like unstable FreeBSD box. Have you tried stress testing this machine? If ftpd can make it hang so can other
programs.

-Simon

--Original Message Text---
From: Sam Wun
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:56:32 +1100

I was trying to ftp from a client machine in to my FreeBSD box, it hangs
the FreeBSD box very badly.
Ctl-Alt-Del won't work, I can't type most of the keys on the keyboard
except for the Alt-Fx for switching
to the other login shell, but won't be able to type a character either.
Press reset button is the only way out.
The whole box is freeze after all.

Does anyone know where I can find a patch for fixing this problem?

Thanks
Sam.

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4963552=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE="MS Shell Dlg" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="1" POINTSIZE="8" DEFAULT="SIZE">Sounds like unstable FreeBSD box. Have you tried stress testing this machine? If ftpd can make it hang so can other programs. <BR>
<BR>
-Simon<BR>
<BR>
--Original Message Text---<BR>
<B>From:</B> Sam Wun<BR>
<B>Date:</B> Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:56:32 +1100<BR>
<BR>
<FONT FACE="Courier New"><BR>
I was trying to ftp from a client machine in to my FreeBSD box, it hangs<BR>
the FreeBSD box very badly.<BR>
Ctl-Alt-Del won't work, I can't type most of the keys on the keyboard<BR>
except for the Alt-Fx for switching<BR>
to the other login shell, but won't be able to type a character either.<BR>
Press reset button is the only way out.<BR>
The whole box is freeze after all.<BR>
<BR>
Does anyone know where I can find a patch for fixing this problem?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
Sam.<FONT FACE="MS Shell Dlg" DEFAULT="FACE">   <BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4963552=_=_=_--