Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:52:43 -0600
From:      Jason <blaz@satx.rr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   emu10k1 / multiple sounds

greetings

while using the emu10k1 driver in linux with my sblive, I
was able to get multiple sounds -- could be playing
an MP3 file and get ICQ sounds at the same time.

i have my driver setup in freebsd, but when I try to
send another sound to the device, it says:

/dev/dsp: Device busy.  any ideas?  maybe
by updating the emu10k driver?  if anyone has
any experience with this issue, your information
would be greatly appreciate.

thanks