Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:06:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.org
To:        mcgovern@spoon.beta.com (Brian J. McGovern)
Cc:        fgray@rice.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vx driver...

> I was just curious if anyone has been doing any recent development work
> on the vx driver (3Com 3C59x cards). I have one, have had no problems with it
> using the 3Com drivers, but it bombs whenever I do any sizeable writes
> under FreeBSD (through the current snap). Pings, and 1k messages usually
> survive, however, NFS, FTP, or any other _SENDS_ (receives seem to be ok)
> cause the machine to freeze. The only way out is to punch the reset button,
> or power cycle.
>
> In any event, the reason I'm asking is taht if anyone has, I'd like to test
> the new code. If not, I'll be trying to set some time aside to find out
> why its freezing.

Hmm, I'm using the one that was discussed on the lists some weeks ago.
I think its still in incoming on freefall. I've modified it a bit so
it compiles under -current, but so far it seems to work pretty well...

I think there has been a couple of patches on the lists for that
version too, but I'm not sure...

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..