Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:30:42 -0500
From:      Julie Hall <juhall@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Parity error and AHA-2940U2W

To whom it may concern,

    I have had problems with my AHA-2940U2W SCSI card and Ultra2LVD hard
drives. I have tried 3 different hard drives and all, after a while,
give me parity errors. I get an error message echoed onto my terminals
and this freezes the system. Please send along any pertinent
information.
The exact error message is:
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0): parity error detected in Data-in phase: SEQADDR(0x5e)
SCSIRATE(0x93)
If this could be a defect in the card please let me know as the card is
still under warranty.

Thank You,
Justin Hall
juhall@worldnet.att.net