Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 1996 19:24:31 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Anil John <ajohn@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Missing File - libc.s0.3.0 - help!

Anil John wrote in message ID
<01BB66C0.80116C00@ppp97.bcpl.lib.md.us>:
> Greetings,
> ld.so: fvwm: Can't find shared library "libc.so.3.0'
>
> I also got the same missing library message when I tried to run 'xli'.
>
> where does one find this shared library and once I find it, which directory
> should I put it in.

You are running packages from the wrong version of FreeBSD. FreeBSD
2.2-current (i.e. the development line for the 2.2 release of FreeBSD)
uses libc.so.3.0. FreeBSD-stable (2.1-RELEASE, 2.1.5) uses
libc.so.2.2. There are two collections of packages as a result. You
probably should try using the stuff in
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.1.5 (from memory) as that
contains all the up-to-date stuff and works with libc.so.2.2 based
machines.

Gary