Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2003 19:49:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        kutulu@kutulu.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D_KQFILTER & ltmdm: Patch for review?

In message: <01be01c2e2b6$30742b00$29330f0a@lcapps.educate.com>
            "Mike Edenfield" <kutulu@kutulu.org> writes:
: From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
: Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 5:39 PM
:
: > But your patch is wrong.  Please format the initialization like
: > you see in all the other device drivers:
:
: I now see what you meant about the formatting.  It was the whole reason to
: reorder the fields, sorry I missed that.  I also removed the redundant
: initializations.
:
: Do you (well, does anyone) have a moment to eyeball this patch before I send
: it off to the maintainer?
:
: Thanks again,
:
: --Mike
:
: --- sys/dev/ltmdm/ltmdmsio.c.orig       Tue Mar  4 19:49:57 2003
: +++ sys/dev/ltmdm/ltmdmsio.c    Tue Mar  4 20:17:16 2003
: @@ -360,6 +360,18 @@
:  #endif
:
:  static struct cdevsw sio_cdevsw = {
: +#if __FreeBSD_version >= 500104 /* >= 20030303 */

This syntax works even for old versions of FreeBSD.  You can make it
safe by including all the noFoo functions.  phk got rid of them
because it is safe in >= 500104 to do that.  Since you want to run on
multiple versions, it would be better/safer to do that.

Warner