Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:25:05 +0000
From:      "Lucien Ginzburg" <fjdl2000@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bsd installation / running Linux

Hi !
i'm a new user to bsd and succesfully installed bsd.
After i entered a user password and ID i notice that
the access to the root is denied. What can i do to
remove the ID/ password security (temporarily) without
having to  reinstall a complete bsd ?

  As i wanted to install Linux or a compatible (convenient)
graffic interface i  did the following :

$ls /compat
linux
$linux
Linux driver already loaded
/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: can't create /etc/ld.so.cache~
(Permission denied)
$

Could you explain me what i have to do ?

To finish with : once bsd was fully installed and bootable
i couldn't use the cdrom anymore to load the additional
packages from cd 3 and cd 4.

the instruction # /stand/sysinstall is not accessible any more.
Again, thanks if you can help me ; i still can't find the
anwers on my own.

Sincerely yours,

   Fjdl.