Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:48:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike DeGraw-Bertsch <mbertsch@oreilly.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS question

I have what I'm afraid is a stupid NFS question...

I have a box that I want to make an NFS server.  I've added
nfs_server_enable="YES" to rc.conf, and the mountd -r daemon, as well as
the nfsd daemon start without a problem.  The drives are set up correctly
in the exports file (NFS starts w/o complaining about it).  However, when
I go to mount a drive from the machine, I get an "NFS Portmap: RPC:
Program not registered" error.
RPC appears to be correctly configured, and an RPC from the NFS server
returns:

   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100005    3   udp   1023  mountd
    100005    3   tcp   1023  mountd
    100005    1   udp   1023  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1023  mountd
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100024    1   udp   1011  status
    100024    1   tcp   1022  status

From any other box, however, I get "No remote programs registered."

Am I doing something wrong, forgetting about something, or ?

  Thanks,
 -Mike