Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:24:33 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net>
To:        Urban Tuk <ubentuk@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ko modules and irqs

On 2001.06.20 21:51 Urban Tuk wrote:
> Is there a document that outlines how to
> use freebsd .ko modules. I have an ISA
> ethernet card with a hard-wired irq and io.
> I was  wondering if it was possible
> to insert the ethernet module with irq and io
> like under Linux with insmod?
> Or, are you forced to create a kernel with the
> values hard wired in?
>
> --Tuk

You need to setup up /boot/loader.conf to read /boot/kernel.conf and then
put the necessary port, irq, flags, etc. entries in /boot/kernel.conf.
It's even possible to do this using either USERCONFIG or VISUALCONFIG
interfaces--provided that /boot/loader.conf is properly setup to load
/boot/kernel.conf.

jmc

(objectionable ad for MacroHard deleted!! :)  )