Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:27:11 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Michael Grant <mg-fbsd3@grant.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disk based backup s/w

I'm looking for something to backup my files to a spare disk.  But not
just something like dump/restore that globs all the files into one
large file (a virtual tape).  And not just a cpdup to the spare disk
either.

I'd like to find something that's a bit more intelligent, something
which lets me easily get at older versions of files or restore an
entire file system.  Something which doesn't store multiple copies of
the same file and which uses compression and maybe even encryption.

If I can't find anything suitable, I may just start an open source
project to do something like this.

Michael Grant