Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 2002 23:08:52 -0400
From:      "Toby Irvine" <tobyirvine@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Please help me

I have one question for you.  I have been looking to find out what the
command/utility "grep" actually means or stands for.  I have searched the
net and keep finding the same answer, which I have been told is wrong.
Could you please help me out and let me know.  Someone told me that only an
old school unix person would be able to tell me.  Please help?

Thank you,