Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:16:04 +0200
From:      Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
To:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on RouterStation Pro

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko
<gonzo@bluezbox.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 11:07 PM, Monthadar Al Jaberi wrote:
>
>> I am running FreeBSD on VirtualBox, so I compiled the code there and
>> moved it to Ubuntu.
>> So DHCP and NFS server are running on Ubuntu.
>> Will it only work on FreeBSD?
>
> =A0 =A0It should though I never tested it.
>
> =A0 =A0I think I ran into that problem couple of days ago though hadn't
> got time to investigate it further. Do you have rpcbind running on
> Ubuntu and is access allowed for RS's IP address in /etc/hosts.allow?
>
> =A0 =A0I tried to get NFS root working but access to rpcbind was
> denied which resulted in NFS port to be 0 and endless loop
> of so_setup failing with EADDRNOTAVAIL (which is 49). Editing
> hosts.allow fixed the problem.

My /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny are both empty.

I dont have rpcbind installed, when I try to install it I get:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  nfs-common nfs-kernel-server portmap

Does that mean I should not be using nfs-kernel-server? Never the less
I tried a different configuration, kept the DHCP server on Ubuntu and
enabled NFS on FreeBSD.
And used your export file and bridged the network card in VBox so the
board communicate directly with FreeBSD and it booted! Thnx =3D)

But something I noticed that if I export a path that is binded by
mount_nullfs I get the same error as before...

br,
--=20
//Monthadar Al Jaberi