Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:51:10 -0800
From:      "Scott Compton" <Scott.Compton@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Missing share object== crash and no more connections

Help!

I had ppp working and then KDE dumped core after an error
trying to open it's built-in newsreader.

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: share object "libgdbm.so.2" not found.

The library is there but apparently the newsreader didn't make it into
the distibution I have.

That's it, the Linux stuff is gone as soon as I can track every down every
single file and entry it put in the system and root it out of the kernel.
Thank God there ARE files showing what was put where.

Now ppp dials and connects but then it just sits and the link dies.
The log shows it picks up the CHAP Auth* info and makes the
connection but it then stops as soon as the connection is made.

ifconfig -a shows ppp0 and ppp1 haven't run at all.

I've tried passive, active, lcp, dns, ifconfig 0 0, login (empty)
in the ppp.conf file but just won't pick up and run with a login.

"What's the secret woyd?"

-3P