Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:26:19 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Andreas Wideroe Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 failes with XFree86???

Someone, quite probably Andreas Wideroe Andersen, once wrote:
>I'm a bit stressed here.. I was doing a simple upgrade from mod_php4
>4.2.0 to 4.2.2. I stopped Apache and removed 4.2.0. Then I did a
>CVSUP and got the latest ports and went into /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>and issued a make install clean.
>
>After compiling for some minutes it stops with an error message. I
>don't understand what X11 is doing here because I don't have that
>installed on this webserver. If anyone could help me out I'd be very
>grateful. Thanks!

Some of the options for mod_php4 also have dependencies on X11 libraries
(like GD2), you probably just selected one of those without realising.

Try building with just the default settings and then slowly add
features.

Possibly not the best solution but it should stop it failing.

Kevin
--
kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk