Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:20:23 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Network Card advise

In message <20010111190737.F44170@wantadilla.lemis.com> Greg Lehey writes:
: Oops, somehow I thought you had said 10 Mb/s.  Maybe it was the 3C589C
: (BTW, do you still have the dongle?).  What I meant was "any 10 Mb/s
: card should work".  100 Mb/s cards are still a problem, especially
: CardBus and combo cards.  I'll let others comment on the state of play
: there.

No.  The 100MB cards work great.  The pccard (16-bit) ones work on
both -current and -stable.  This includes many NE-2000-like cards, as
well as 3c374.

Cardbus cards work relatively well in -current, but there's still
lots of issues.  You can use them, but things like suspend and
automatic running of commands are weak or non-existant.

Warner