Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:01:15 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virus scanning

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:04:39PM -0400, Stephen Hovey wrote:

> I wrote a wedge into mail.local to filter (drop) infected emails - is
> there any known place on the net where email viruses and their patterns
> are listed/maintained?  I just keep adding the ones I see come thru my
> system, but it would be nice to have a more complete set.

Was thinking along those lines last night. Am building inflex right now
to see what it offers (/usr/ports/security/inflex/) and hints for
malicious files.

Years ago the best antivirus scanner for the Mac was the freeware
Disinfectant. Would want any virus scanner to be able to scan for
multiplatform baddies.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net