Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tandberg SLR 100

Is this SLR a QIC device?

Typically, QIC type tapes are problematic. I bought an SLR-5 to test with
FreeBSD last year- that seems to work. The current quirk table entry should
match correctly for it.

The QIC issues usually are: need 1 filemark only (quirks can handle this, also
doing a 'mt seteotmodel'- see mt(1)- can make this explicit), usually need to
be in fixed block mode (at 1024 byte blocks).

So- the answer is "I haven't tried it. Should work." Hopefully one of the
folks who use QICs more than I do can chime in. I'd recommend at least 4.0.