Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:01:19 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about devd concept

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> devd works for me when I have devices in my machine at boot.  It
> does run the start script for me.

I've got a related problem.  My kernel is a bit modularized, and with
devd, when i insert the card into the running machine, the script
framework properly kldloads the respective driver (using
/usr/local/bin/smart-loader as suggested in the devd.conf template).
However, this doesn't work when the card is already present at boot
time.  Is this likely to be the same problem?

(I'm currently working around it by pre-loading all potential NIC
modules from the loader.)