Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:50:22 -0400
From:      "Robert Withrow" <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XMMS hangs opening CDROM after portupgrade

[Sorry for the previous empty mail.  The companies mail servers were
misconfigured...]

I discovered why XMMS *appears* to hang when I open my cdrom.  The
local network has about 500 direct-mounts in the AMD map.  I was
entering "/cdrom<CR>".  I don't recall if this is how I always did
it or not...  But "/cdrom<CR>" is interpreted the same way as
"/cdrom<TAB>", and the gnome dialog was stating every file in the
root directory which was causing AMD to mount every on of those
direct mounts, which would take, basicly, forever.

I don't know if this is new gnome behavior or what, but entering
"/cdrom/<CR>" prevents the problem.

--
Robert Withrow, BWithrow@NortelNetworks.com, +1 978 288 8256, ESN 248