Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:44:02 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Turned off by FreeBSD daemons

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:40:36PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> My first car was a Chevy Nova Super Sport with a 350 cubic
> inch engine, and the expression "No va" definitely did not apply=20
> to it. It saved my life on several occasions. If someone was heading
> toward me and was about to hit me (as happened a few times),
> I could just lightly tap the accelerator and be long gone from
> the spot before they arrived. They don't make cars with that
> kind of "get up and go" anymore.
>=20
> But the name did hurt the car in foreign markets.

It was also 100% accurate for some cars sold under that name.  Our company
moterpool had a number of '89 Nova's and even jamming the accelerator
to the floor had virtualy no effect.  Not exactly the best thing to be
driving around LA.  At least the similarly aged Caprieces that were the
other option had enough mass that you'd survive a collision with just
about anything.

-- Brooks

--=20

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62