Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:33:07 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'ATeslik@aol.com'" <ATeslik@aol.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Ping win/FreeBSD probs

I'm sorry to say I don't know how you would change how freebsd sees your mac
address.  I don't think you can.  It may be that the pn driver is not
compatable with your card, as you suggested in another posting.

man 4 pn, says that it's compatable with the following cards:

...PCI ethernet adapters and embedded controllers based on the Lite-On
82c168 and 82c169 fast ethernet controller chips. This includes the LinkSys
LNE100TX, the Bay Networks Netgear FA310TX revision D1, the Matrox Networks
FastNIC 10/100, certain adapters manufactured by D-Link and Trendware, and
various other commodity fast ethernet cards.

I can tell you that mac addresses are NOT dynamic.  To my knowledge they are
hardwired into the card.

-Chris