Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 01:05:46 -0700
From:      "Hank Wethington" <bsd@info-logix.com>
To:        "BSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tape backup recommendation

Greetings,

I'm looking to purchase a tape backup system for my BSD3.4 box. I'd like to
be able to back up a 18 GB drive. I've looked at TRAVAN and at DAT. Besides
the speeds should I be worried about anything?

As price is a major concern, the Travan 20 GB SCSI drives look great, but
has anyone had any issues using these in a BSD box? Both the Seagate and HP
drives does not say that BSD is supported (but then again, most things that
are don't say they are). Is anyone using these? Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Hank Wethington
Information Logistics