Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 1999 12:23:57 +0100
From:      Alex <lasta@nostroid.force9.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wget-1.5.3 installation

Hello FreeBSD users

I am relatively new to the good world of FreeBSD and I am unsure about
the installation of the package wget-1.5.3.

wget depends on gettext-0.10.35, I have managed to download both as
ports and when I tried to install them I get the following message:

***Error: shared library "intl.1" does not exist

I have also tried to install the packages by copying the sources from
the CD's /cdrom/ports/distfiles into /usr/ports/distfiles. Then I
tried to install from beginning by doing "make deinstall" , "make
install" for wget and gettext, but I still received the same error
message.

If I try to install gettext on its own then I get no error messages at
all. It is only wget that is complaining.

My release is 3.1.

If anyone has any advice I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

-Alex