Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:04:29 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDMA limited to 33 - resolution

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

Hi,

  Afaik, UDMA100 is only supported if there is just one device on the
channel.  Feel free to shoot me if I am incorrect, which is quite
possible.  Just double-check by asking Google or something - but I have
a gut feeling this may be the case.

-lewiz.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 12:38:00PM -0700, Steve Warwick wrote:
> Hi,=20
>=20
> Thanks to all of you that answered my call for help.
>=20
> Problem: dmesg / boot reported bus limited to UDMA33.
>=20
> Results:
>=20
> - CD-Rom was causing the problem. Once taken off the bus, UDMA100 was
> recognized.
>=20
> - Added a UDMA66 HD in place of the CD and the bus was limited to UDMA33
>=20
> - Swapped the placement of the UDMA100 Master and the UDMA66 Slave on the
> bus and all items were recognized correctly. Master is now last on the
> chain.
>=20
>=20
> hth
>=20
>=20
> Steve Warwick
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old
ones.
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) (``the
intended recipient(s)'') to whom it is addressed.  It may contain
information which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender as soon as possible.
--|| http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pubring.gpg ||--

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4--