Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:57:46 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Portsmeister!

 * 1. files/post-build

 * I assume you were already sort of planning on going in this direction anyway?

Yes, that's right.  Once you explain me what made you so cross-eyed
about these post-* targets, I can go in and modify bsd.port.mk to
include all the post-* targets (tg was asking for post-install, which
I want too). :)

 * 2. A demo target.

This sounds good, but we have to assess what preparations people
actually need.  It would be great if we can run it on an already
"install"ed and "clean"ed directory too, in which case depending it on
install is not a good idea.

But in general, putting it right after the build target seems like the
best thing to do, so that users can "make demo" and see what the ports
do before actually installing them (and sometimes it's not very easy
to uninstall a port once it's installed...fixing this is on my TODO
list).

Well, as you said, we can just make it an echo target and let people
modify them as they wish, but we should probably provide a reasonable
explanation (and a few examples) on how to use them in the
guidelines....

What do you think?

Satoshi