Date:      12 Sep 2000 12:27:18 -0700
From:      James Felix Black <jfb@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise Ultra100 controller

Following up my own message (yes, it's gauche.)

What actually happens is that the installer cannot see any disks at
all; and when I boot from floppy, interrupt the boot process, and
issue an lsdev command, the (installer?  second-stage loader?  I need
a better understanding of the FreeBSD boot process) system crashes,
with a BTX error.

The disks are an IBM Deskstar 75gxp, 45gb, and a Maxtor Diamond Max
Plus 40 40gb.  The IBM is formatted NTFS (Win2k), and the Diamondmax
has a working FreeBSD system on it, so I know that it's not a problem
with the disks.

Thanks in advance for any advice, helpful hints, etc.

(jfb)
--
I predict that within 100 years computers will be twice as powerful,
10,000 times larger, and so expensive that only the five richest kings