Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 13:55:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eric Patterson <ericp@ro.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nfsd send error 55

I have a machine running freebsd 2.2.6-RELEASE.  Attached to it is a RAID
(CMD TECH CRD-5440 controller).  It is mounted as one big 128 GB file
system.  Several machines in turn mount this file system via nfs.  Most of
the NFS clients are running IRIX.  Quite often in a day, I get the
following message on the console of the freebsd NFS server:

<date/time/hostname> /kernel: nfsd send error 55
<date/time/hostname> last message repeated X times

None of the users of the NFS clients ever complain.  I haven't noticed any
other really strange behavior.

My questions are: Should I worry about this?  Is this something that I
can or should fix?  What causes this?

Thinks for any info.

Eric Patterson
ericp@ro.com