Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:09:15 +0200
From:      Danny Cautaert <danny-dated-1035842959.76762c@limehouse.org>
To:        "Alvaro Rosales R." <aran80@wintersperu.com.pe>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump problem in FreeBSD 4.6---Help needed

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 05:58:55PM -0500, Alvaro Rosales R. wrote:
> My server seems to execute dump everyday at 3:01 every day (there is=20
> no cron job that calls this job) and it allways exits with this error (wh=
en I=20
> run dump by hand it give me the same error ( /kernel:pid677 (dump),=20
> uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped). I am using FreeBSD Release=20
> 4.6
> Any help would be apprecciated

It's called from periodic(8)

You could fix your problem with dump, one guess being your world and
kernel being out of sync.

If you don't care about dump, you could also disable it in
/etc/periodic.conf. From periodic.conf(5):

  daily_status_disks_enable
        (bool) Set to ``YES'' if you want to run df(1) (with the argu=AD
               ments supplied in daily_status_disks_df_flags) and dump -W.

HTH,
DaCa.

--=20
Danny Cautaert * Zopista & Pythoneer