Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:42:35 +0400
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: portupgrade stale dependencies

On 10/28/05, Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net> wrote:

> Personally, I feel that portmanager does a much better job of updating
> without the problems that seem to crop up so often using portupgrade.

I've always been scared off by the comparatively
young age of portmanager. Besides, portupgrade
comes with a set of useful tools, like cvsweb
browser.

But the fat ruby dependency and some other things
make me want something else. I'd be glad to see
a perl-based ports management system. Maybe
I'll write one some day :-)