Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:18:13 +0400
From:      Mike Veselov <Ves@aep.mpei.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Natd and icmp packages

Hello,

I have a problem. Natd generates a message:
"natd: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)".

I saw that Natd tried to send icmp packages (answer) to some hosts.
I think that Natd always tries to send icmp answer if it see package
into internal network (unregistered addresses) from outside interface
that has no entry in the internal table. How can I disable natd to
send any icmp packages?

I have another question about Natd. What does option "permanent link"
mean? I didn't understand for what it need from manual pages.

Many thanks,

Mike Veselov.
Ves@aep.mpei.ac.ru