Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:35:46 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        Stephen Fisher <sfisher@twrol.com>
Cc:        James Kalmadge <kalmadg@banet.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: Bye-bye Windows

> > I don't  know what the general feeling  around here is, but I have read
> > many people's letters outlining why FBSD beats Linux technically, etc.
> > And therefore it will eventually
> > be the OS of choice, &c, &c, &c . . . .
> >
> > It might be true.  But Linux is winning the PR war (If there is one).
> >
> > I remember hearing and reading about the obvious advantages of BETAMAX.
> >
> > What kind of VCR do you own?
>
> Good point...
>   VHS..

Not a relevant comparison at all.  The issues here are much more complex,
have a deeper history and decision making is largely decentralized.

The last thing FreeBSD needs (IMHO) is a marketing program aimed at
attracting every l33t d00d in the world to FreeBSD.  Thankfully, I
can't imagine that -core would be doing that and instead are rightly
concerned with producing a professional system.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net
( who doesn't own a VCR since VHS sucks :)