Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 05:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        dragonknight@dtgnet.com
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PDA's Etc.

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

In public mailing lists, please consider not posting multi-part
messages, as people's mail readers do not always support all of the
MIME types.

>I was wondering, are there any PDA's, Palmtops, Etc., that will run
>FreeBSD...   Or..   Any other BSD or Linux for that matter?
>Thanks.

There is a way to run Linux on the Pilot, but I do not think this is
intended a prectical option for people wishing to use a handheld Unix
machine (basically, no apps, no hw recognition, etc.).

Practical options include the Tosihba Librettos and the IBM (PCxxx?),
both of which are small (not quite palmtop) x86 machines.  The IBM
PCxxx? (don't remember the model number) isn't generally available
outside of Japan, though (and T-Zone in Sunnyvale is no longer in
business... :( ).

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/