Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:29:55 -0500
From:      Ted Stein <ted@liii.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk Error After Installation

Earlier today, my filesystems somehow got messed up, so I tried
reinstalling. I've installed about 5 times since, to no avail. The error
I get is as such:

BootMgr
1: DOS
5: Disk 1

(I enter 2)

BootMgr
1: FreeBSD
2: DOS
5: Disk 0

(I enter 1)

-- begin actual stuff --
Disk error 0x1 (lba=0xe2904f)
no /boot/loader
boot: wd(1,a)/kernel
Disk error 0x1 (lba=0xe2904f)
no /kernel
-- end --

These are two IDE disks, the FreeBSD one is on the primary controller as
the slave. If I set the device to wd(1,e) (/usr) and type '?' it lists
all the directories fine, but the other slices, I have no idea what's
going on. Any help is appreciated, I'd be glad to provide more
information if needed.

--

Ted Stein
GGN/LIII