Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:30:16 -0500
From:      Robert Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
To:        "Andrew Fleming" <afleming@tiger.fhsu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Supressing header pages on printer

At 5:11 PM -0500 2/25/1999, Andrew Fleming wrote:
>Does anyone have any sugestions.  I've looked in the handbook and can
>not find anything.

	[ snip printcap ]

>I've tried putting the sh in different places and it still comes out.  I can
>specify the -h option when I use lpr
>and it will supress it, but shouldn't I be able to supress it by default.

It looks like you are using an HP JetDirect device.  If so telnet to the printer and disable the banner in the JetDirect software.

You may have to upgrade the firmware to do this.  So far I have not been able to do that from a 03.03 version.

---
Bob Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
Ohio Northern University, Academic Computer Services, Ada, OH  45810