Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 13:24:26 +0800 (HKT)
From:      John Beukema <jbeukema@HK.Super.NET>
To:        Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   2.0.5R Installation

My ftp installation quit at some unknown stage and I am trying to
complete by hand.

1)  Do I need to newfs /usr and if so, why?  ( Have newfs'd /, /usr is
2.0R fs)

2)  I cannot get man to work -- it says 'unable to find the file
/etc/manpath.config'  which file is there, is readable by all and owned
by root:wheel (I changed it to bin:bin but to no avail) no MANPATH
environmental variable is set.

3) I cannot get rsh, telnet, rlogin to work on the local net --
'shell/TCP unknown service' but ping and ftp work fine. I am trying to
back up /usr remotely.

I would appreciate any help.

jbeukema