Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:07:02 +0300
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        Sergei G <sergeig.public@gmail.com>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Patch for premake 4.4 beta 5 from premake 4

On 2014-06-24 09:51, Sergei G wrote:
> I had to update Premake 4 port (4.3) to 4.4 beta 5 on FreeBSD
> 10.0-RELEASE #0.

I wanted to wait for the full (non-beta) 4.4 release, but seeing that
some projects are already using 4.4-betas, I guess it's time to update
the port...

> I included patch file with changes applied to Premake 4 port. The
> changes consist of:
>
> 1. updating version and addition of beta version in Makefile
> 2. switch to clang compiler in Makefile

It's better to use 'cc' instead of 'clang'; this way nothing will break
in 8.x and 9.x branches where GCC is still the default.

> 3. update of download file signatures
> 4. removal of 2 patch files, because the files appear to be obsolete
>     and I could not figure out the proper fix. Keeping both patch files
>     resulted in error during premake execution.
>
> I was successful for my small scope of compiling Box2D, but I observed a
> couple of issues with my upgrade.
>
> 3 regression tests failed (it appears due to at least one missing patch
> file):
>
> [...]
>
> Once I installed premake I observed that it generated Makefile with gcc
> in it, instead of clang. Should switch to clang be applied at premake or
> Box2D project level?

I'll need to look into that before saying anything definite; I'll report
back once I'll do that.