Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 01:37:11 -0400
From:      leckert <leckert@neo.rr.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SB Live!

Phiber Optik wrote:

> I was told that to get my Sound Blaster Live! sound card working
> I must to turn pcm on. They didnt explain how to get sound working. I
> did man pcm but didnt tell me much. I am new with FreeBSD 4.2 but I
> love it except no sound. could you please help me? thank you alot

I'm fairly new to FreeBSD, but i know that you need to (as root) use
the kldload command to load both the  snd_emu10k1 and the snd_pcm
modules. ( I have omitted the .ko extension because you don't need to
specify it.) This should load the necessary sound modules for your
sb-live. I use the same card in another box, but not with FreeBSD, so If
I missed something, I hope someone else jumps in to correct me. You will
also need to make sure your permissions allow you to use the sound
device as user.

--
kometboy        kometboy@neo.rr.com  (Debian GNU/Linux)
		leckert@neo.rr.com       (FreeBSD)