Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:01:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD tanks on an Athlon 750

> -----------------------------

    Something ain't quite right.  I told the BIOS to reset itself and set all the settings for optimal performance, and then I held down the INS key on reboot.  The Solaris OS booted up turbo quick, and was suddenly zippy fast again.

    I then rebooted, and switched the boot device in the BIOS to be the SCSI drives with FreeBSD.  Suddenly it tanks again.

    Super wacky.  I think I'll just make this a winders machine and take the 1GHz processor that the fiancee is runnign win2k with for a real os :-0

    thanks for all the suggestions!

    marc.