Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:02:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Zera William Holladay <zholla1@uic.edu>
To:        "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: threads question

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
[cut]
> The answer is probably something like what you just said, scope being
> lost when making the call to a shared library. Why is it ok going to a
> static library but not a shared though?

There is probably a race condition, so your code will work *some* of the
time unless you prevent the race condition.  I don't have an answer to
your question, but I don't think it is a valid question.  The scope of
"*priority" can remain valid or invalid for random reasons and thus may
work some of the time, but the only way to guarantee that it works all the
time is to eliminate the race condition by making sure that *property is
valid though the life of the thread.

-Zera