Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:39:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Terry Warner <keerf@www.netlabs.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/libexec/elf/ld (fwd)

=20
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:37:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Terry Warner <keerf@www.netlabs.net>
To: Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
Cc: FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject: Re: /usr/libexec/elf/ld

Actually Gunnar .. I did install it from the ports .. I installed=20
everything from the ports first .. and I still got the error .. This is=20
why I am in the bind I am in right now .. After I installed from the=20
ports .. I tried compiling a newer version of Eterm .. And it said ImLib=20
was not installed but would continue anyway .. Then it compiled up until=20
the point it looked for -ljpeg .. and I got that error .. so please .. if=
=20
someone can .. tell what to do to fix it .. or guide me in the right kind=
=20
of direction .. Thanks

Terry Warner
keerf@netlabs.net

=20

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 09:03:50AM -0400, Terry Warner wrote:
> >=20
> > Can someone possiably help me with this weird error I am getting .. I r=
un X on my FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE machine .. and on X I have enlightenement .. =
which calls for some certain programs .. such as libjpeg .. fnlib .. Imlib =
and such
> >=20
> > I tried upgrading some of the programs for Enlightenment .. Such as Ete=
rm .. and when I ran ./configure .. I first got an error saying ImLib wasn'=
t found or installed right .. Now I installed ImLib from the /usr/ports/gra=
phics directory .. and Then when compiling I got this error /usr/libexec/el=
f/ld cannot open -ljpeg : No such file or directory .. The error was somewh=
at along that lines .. (I don't have it excatly infront of me at the moment=
) But the funny part is libjpeg is installed .. and I installed it from por=
ts as well .. and I also installed it from the reg source file .. So This i=
s what is confusing me .. so if someone could please respond to me .. and t=
ell me what I can do .. and how I can fix this .. it would save me on tryin=
g to tear my hair out. :)
> >=20
>=20
> You didn't use the port for Enlightenment, did you? I don=B4t think so
> since using the ports system will fetch and compile the dependencies for
> you. Otherwise you=E4ll have to do that manually, which always is more
> complicated. So: Use the ports instead!
> `cd(usr/ports/x11-wm/enlightenment` `make`
> > By The way .. I have also updated the lib cache and such .. and even tr=
ied editing the makefile .. so I don't know .. Well thanks in Advance.