Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:11:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Sandip Srivastava <ssriva1@alumni.umbc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Networking Help

I have a stand-alone system that connects only occasionally to the
internet via a dial-up ppp connection. The ISP that I connect to
dynamically assigns my system an IP address and a FQDN.

There are two things I would like done. I don't know if they are possible
with the way things currently are. First I would like to run a nameserver
on my system. The second I would like is for people to be able to access
my system by a FQDN instead of an IP address. I have called my system the
following:

  atlantic.srivastava.com

If they can't access my system by the above name, is it possible for my
system to take the name the ISP assigns me while I'm connected to the
internet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sandip