Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:10:34 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        kf7nn1@cybertrails.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 6811 again

kf7nn1@cybertrails.com writes:
> i did see a simulator for the 6811 but not an
> assembler.
>
> anyone know where there is an assembler
> for this beast.

http://www.introl.com/ makes a very good C compiler and assembler for
the HC11 (and other processors too). Last time I looked they offered
their cross compiler on x86 NetBSD. I asked for FreeBSD. Looking at
their form for a demo download I still see NetBSD, no FreeBSD, but Linux
is added. And MacOS is back! My Introl C-11 (from 1992 or 1993) is
hosted under MPW on a Mac.

You can get a non-commercial license to use Introl C for only $150.
IMHO that's a great value.

There is/was several very active 68HC11 email list. Think they merged.
And at some point I lost touch. But I know Motorola has posted C source
code for an HC11 assembler on an ftp site somewhere. Heard of someone
else writing one in perl.