Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:37:26 -0400
From:      Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
To:        Lists User <lists@rhavenn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Daemon ScreenSaver

At 11:30 AM 10/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Morning-
>

>A former coworker of mine had set up various 2.2 and 3.0 release FreeBSD
>boxes. He always had the little "FreeBSD Daemon" console
>screensaver. How does one enable that? or what package/program is it part of?
>
>Thanks!
>

>Henrik
>lists@rhavenn.net

It is in the same place all the other screensavers are, as a KLD/LKM in the
base distribution.
There are many ways to get it going:  (assuming a fairly new version of
FreeBSD)

/stand/sysinstall
	Configure
	Console
	Saver
	Daemon

---OR---

kldload daemon_saver.ko

(set timeout with 'vidcontrol -t N' where N is in seconds, default is 300)

this will not persist if you reboot, use the next one for that

---OR---

add the lines to /etc/rc.conf :

saver="daemon"
blanktime="300"

and reboot to enable or use #2 solution as well

---THAT'S IT---

ways you might have figured this out yourself:

man screensaver

look through /etc/defaults/rc.conf, that is where most of the system
configuration is done (well, the changes gets put in /etc/rc.conf, but you
get my drift).

search the FAQ, Handbook, and mailing list archives at
http://www.freebsd.org/search (normally this is your first choice but in
this case I found most of the information to be irrelavent or grossly
outdated)

Please try to find the solution yourself before resorting to a mailing list.

Tom Embt
tom@embt.com