Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:09:11 -0500
From:      Tony Tong <TonyT@vallon.com>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@cdrom.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, davidg@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sales@talentsoft.com, "Dennis E. Burke" <dxmerch@mci2000.com>, mikef@talentsoft.com, ericg@talentsoft.com, paulp@talentsoft.com, richhui@talentsoft.com, mingz@talentsoft.com, yingpl@talentsoft.com
Subject:   Partnership and Bundling opportunity between TalentSoft and FreeB SD

Dear Jordan Hubbard and David Greenman, FreeBSD Organization,

We were referred to you by Dennis Burke as the key contacts for the
FreeBSD product.

TalentSoft is leading Internet and e-commerce tool and application
developer for Unix, FreeBSD, and Linux.  We are interested in working
with you on promoting our Web+ and Web+Shop for the FreeBSD platform.
Our Web+ and Web+Shop have recently been bundled by RedHat Linux 5.1 and
LinuxPro from LinuxMall.com.  We would like to discuss a bundling
relationship with the FreeBSD product.

I will be in the Bay Area from tomorrow 9/26 to Wednesday 9/30 for the
ISPcon and the CommNet/SF trade shows.  I would like to set up a time to
meet with you sometime on Monday 9/28.  You can reply to this email or
call me at my cell phone 612-817-6903 to confirm a time for the meeting.
I can show you our Web+Shop e-commerce product which we plan to
integrate with your FreeBSD.  We have already successfully ported and
tested Web+ and Web+Shop for FreeBSD.  Actually, one of our largest
Web+Shop customers is using FreeBSD in China.  We have a strong presence
in China.

BTW, please add the following info about TalentSoft Web+ and Web+Shop to
your Commercial Vendors page at
http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/commercial.html :
TalentSoft Web+ (WebPlus) is a development tool dedicated for developing
web-based client-server applications without writing CGI programs. It
enables rapid/easy creation of highly functional web pages which
integrates with databases, files systems, email, Java applets, and other
third-party programs. With Web+, users can quickly and easily create
powerful Web applications without learning complicated programming
languages such as C, C++, PERL, or Java. In addition to ODBC database
support, Web+ 4.0 provides native API support for the popular shareware
databases including mySQL, miniSQL, and PostgreSQL. In addition to
supporting CGI, ISAPI and NSAPI, Web+ 4.0 supports the popular Apache
API for high speed web application processing. The new versions of Web+
and Web+Shop also support the real-time credit-card payment processing
technologies provided by CyberCash and IC Verify for online e-commerce
payment processing.

I look forward to meeting you next week.

Tony Tong
Director
TalentSoft - Talent Information Management, LLC.
900 Nicollet Mall, Suite 700, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
Tel: 612-338-8900
Fax: 612-904-0010
Email: info@talentsoft.com
Web: http://www.TalentSoft.com
     http://www.WebPlus.com
cell phone 612-817-6903

=====================================
FYI:  some more info about TalentSoft:

TalentSoft is a leading developer of web application development tools,
middleware, and e-commerce applications for NT, Unix, and Linux.
TalentSoft's Web+ (WebPlus) application development tool and middleware
provides built-in support for CyberCash's payment technology.
TalentSoft's Web+Shop is a powerful and easy-to-use e-commerce
shopping-cart application for the web. Web+Shop allows merchants and
ISPs to quickly create Internet malls and shopping carts to sell
products, manage inventory, fulfill orders, manage
customers/shipping/tax, and perform payment transactions online.
Web+Shop supports full integration with CyberCash's secured credit-card
processing technology.

====================================
No offence, we plan to do a similar press release for Web+ and FreeBSD:

TalentSoft Releases Free Beta Versions of Web+® 4.0 and Web+Shop 3.5 for
Linux at the 1998 Linux Expo

MINNEAPOLIS , MN-May 18, 1998-TalentSoft-During today's 1998 Linux Expo
(www.LinuxExpo.org), the largest Linux show and conference in the world,
TalentSoft (www.TalentSoft.com) announced the release of the free beta
versions of Web+ 4.0, a powerful web application development tool, and
Web+Shop 3.5, a full featured e-commerce shopping cart applications with
secure online payment processing. These two fully functional and
non-expiring products are available for free download at
www.TalentSoft.com or www.WebPlus.com.

TalentSoft Web+ (WebPlus) is a development tool dedicated for developing
web-based client-server applications without writing CGI programs. It
enables rapid/easy creation of highly functional web pages which
integrates with databases, files systems, email, Java applets, and other
third-party programs. With Web+, users can quickly and easily create
powerful Web applications without learning complicated programming
languages such as C, C++, PERL, or Java. Web+ currently runs on
Microsoft Windows NT/95, Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, and will
soon be available on other Unix systems. It works with most web servers
and integrates with all ODBC compliant databases.

"We have been using Web+ for the last two years for our
intranet/extranet based real time trading system called ETS (Energy
Trading System), which is in use by some of the largest power companies
in the US," said Ilya Slutsker, Vice President of Technology at Open
Access Technology International, Inc. "With Web+, developing
Internet/intranet applications takes hours to days instead of weeks to
months. Web+'s powerful integration capability, its comprehensive
functionality and easy to learn language far surpasses all other
competitors in its category."

Web+ has rapidly gained a significant user base in North America, Asia,
and Europe. Companies and other organizations are using Web+ to build
web applications on the Internet and on internal enterprise networks
(intranets). Applications include internal groupware, workflow, human
resource management tools, online chatting, online discussion forum
(conferencing), cyber store, online order entry, contact management,
scheduling and registration, help-desk support, and integration with
SAP, Oracle Financial, and other financial accounting systems.

"Web+ enables the rapid creation of highly functional Internet/intranet
application," said Victor Tong, Director at TalentSoft. "Using advanced
technologies like multi-threaded client/server architecture, memory
caching, database integration, Java integration, and integration with
third-party applications, DLL, COM, CORBA objects, TalentSoft Web+
leap-frogs other competitors in web-based application development
market."

"Web+ is a great addition to our Linux product line," said Mark Bolzern,
President of LinuxMall.com and Director of Linux International. "In
addition to reselling Web+ and Web+Shop, we have decided to collaborate
with TalentSoft to utilize their Web+Shop e-commerce shopping cart
application for our online shopping site at www.LinuxMall.com."

Version 4.0 enhances the performance by utilizing client-server
architecture and memory caching for processing scripts. In addition to
ODBC database support, Web+ 4.0 Unix/Linux versions provide native API
support for the popular shareware databases including mySQL, miniSQL,
and PostgreSQL. In addition to supporting CGI, ISAPI and NSAPI, Web+ 4.0
supports the popular Apache API for high speed web application
processing. The new versions of Web+ and Web+Shop also support the
real-time credit-card payment processing technologies provided by
CyberCash and IC Verify for online e-commerce payment processing.

TalentSoft designs and markets innovative web-based development and
application software for business, government and education markets
around the world. TalentSoft is an operation of Talent Information
Management, LLC., which headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA,
with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, Beijing, and Singapore.

To request more information on the Web+ please contact:
TalentSoft - Talent Information Management, LLC.
900 Nicollet Mall, Suite 700, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
Tel: 612-338-8900 Fax: 612-904-0010 Email: info@talentsoft.com
Web: www.talentsoft.com, www.webplus.com

Web+(R), Web+(R)Shop, and Web+(R)Commerce are registered trademarks of
Talent Information Management, LLC.

(C) 1998 TalentSoft, All Rights Reserved