Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:58:00 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
From:      Nigel Soon <nigels@advanis.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   boot easy not working

Hi,

I have just installed 4.2 Release on my HD that also has a windows partition
on it.

The windows slice was created first then freebsd. I installed the freebsd
boot easy manager during the install process and everything ran smoothly.
When I rebooted though where it would usually get to Boot0 ie the menu
selection for dos or freebsd it just gives me a blank screen with the
cursor in the top left hand corner. It does not accept any keyboard input
and I end up just having to reset the machine.

I have booted off a floppy and run fdisk /mbr and it boots freebsd but if
I want to get into windows I have to boot off floppy again and change the
active partition to windows.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Nigel