Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 7/18 RC ISO?

> Wasn't there supposed to be a 7/18 ISO image with packages on it? I didn't see
> one on releng4....
>
> If someone has put it together, could you send me a pointer?
> 	-Brian

It's building.   Due to recent problems with the Perl upgrade, you no longer
can build -current on -stable and vice versa.  Since my build machine I've
been using is a -current box, RC2 fell over last night when it hit Perl
(the box was recently upgraded from an older -current with the old Perl that
could still build -stable fine).  I've setup a 4.x box to build RC2 on and
it is in the docs right now.  I'm also working on the side on building native
X tarballs to go with this so we can hopefully have X on the Alpha releases.
I'll see what I can do about the packages, but I don't have any in front of
me at the moment.

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com>