Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 1995 23:59:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "David E. Tweten" <tweten@frihet.com>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Some questions

On Sun, 6 Aug 1995, David E. Tweten wrote:

> > On Sun, 6 Aug 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:
> > > In message <199508061441.AAA20812@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, Michael
> > > Smith writes:
> > > I'll put it this way - if you want to administer your own DNS domain, the
> > > O'Reilly DNS & Bind nutshell book is a lifesaver.... Well worth the
> > > investment, even for a small domain.
> >
> > 	Hmmm, it seems their TCP/IP book covers alot of what we wanted to
> > know though already....
>
> I have both books.  Believe me, if you run your own domain, you want to get
> the DNS book.  'Course, it's your domain ...

	That's right, I bought the DNS book while the Observatory already
had the TCP/IP book and the DNS book was really helpful since the TCP/IP
book doesn't tell you what those numbers in the SOA mean...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center