Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        "DeAngelis, David" <DeAngelisD@psmail.ci.worcester.ma.us>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Y2K Compliance

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, DeAngelis, David wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> My question is in regards to Y2K compliance. We are using FreeBSD as the
> operating system for our DNS server on an Intel based box. I believe, after
> looking at the /etc/motd file, the version is 2.1. However, based on the
> file date of the bsd executable the version could be 2.2.7.

	Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are not capable
of determining the version number of a unix system then you need to get a
qualified professional to assist you.

	That said, the FreeBSD project's Y2K statement can be found on our
web page at http://www.freebsd.org/. I would say that you should
definitely plan an upgrade, which should consist of purchasing FreeBSD
3.3-Release CD's,  backing up all the important data on your machine,
installing 3.3 from scratch, restoring your data and starting from there.
Anything other than that would be highly suspect.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"Stop it, I'm gettin' misty."